To shut with force and a loud noise; to bang; as, he slammed the door.
- To shut with force and loud noise: slammed the door.
- To put, throw, or otherwise forcefully move so as to produce a loud noise: slammed the book on the desk.
- To hit or strike with great force.
- Slang To criticize harshly; censure forcefully.
- To close or swing into place with force so as to produce a loud noise.
- To hit something with force; crash: slammed into a truck.
- A forceful impact that makes a loud noise.
- A noise so produced.
- An act of shutting forcefully and loudly: the slam of a door.
- Slang A harsh or devastating criticism.
- A poetry slam.
- The winning of all the tricks or all but one during the play of one hand in bridge and other whist-derived card games.
- A contract to make a slam.