To cut by striking violently and at random; to cut in long slits.
- To cut or form by cutting with forceful sweeping strokes: slash a path through the underbrush.
- To lash with sweeping strokes.
- To make a gash or gashes in.
- Sports To swing a stick at (an opponent) in ice hockey or lacrosse, in violation of the rules.
- To cut a slit or slits in, especially so as to reveal an underlying color: slash a sleeve.
- To criticize sharply: The reviewers slashed the composer's work.
- To reduce or curtail drastically: slash prices for a clearance sale.
- To make forceful sweeping strokes with or as if with a sharp instrument.
- To cut one's way with such strokes: We slashed through the dense jungle.
- A forceful sweeping stroke made with a sharp instrument.
- A long cut or other opening made by such a stroke; a gash or slit.
- A decorative slit in a fabric or garment.
- Branches and other residue left on a forest floor after the cutting of timber.
- Wet or swampy ground overgrown with bushes and trees. Often used in the plural.
- Printing A virgule.
- Informal As well as; and. Used in combination and often rendered as a virgule in print: an actor-slash-writer; a waiter/dancer.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അടിച്ചുകീറുക - Adichukeeruka ;ഊറ്റമായി വിമര്ശിക്കുക - Oottamaayi Vimarshikkuka | Oottamayi Vimarshikkuka ;വെട്ടിമുറിക്കുക - Vettimurikkuka ;ദീര്ഘച്ഛേദം - Dheerghachchedham ;നീളത്തില് പിളര്ക്കുക - Neelaththil Pilarkkuka | Neelathil Pilarkkuka ;ചെരിഞ്ഞ - Cherinja ;