A line, or long, narrow division of anything of a different color or structure from the ground; hence, any linear variation of color or structure; as, a stripe, or streak, of red on a green ground; a raised stripe.
- A long narrow band distinguished, as by color or texture, from the surrounding material or surface.
- A textile pattern of parallel bands or lines on a contrasting background.
- A fabric having such a pattern.
- A strip of cloth or braid worn on a uniform to indicate rank, awards received, or length of service; a chevron.
- Sort; kind: "All Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe” ( Lillian Hellman).
- To mark with stripes or a stripe.
- A stroke or blow, as with a whip.