To feel a lively, pungent local pain; -- said of some part of the body as the seat of irritation; as, my finger smarts; these wounds smart.
- Characterized by sharp quick thought; bright. See Synonyms at intelligent.
- Amusingly clever; witty: a smart quip; a lively, smart conversation.
- Impertinent; insolent: That's enough of your smart talk.
- Energetic or quick in movement: a smart pace.
- Canny and shrewd in dealings with others: a smart negotiator.
- Fashionable; elegant: a smart suit; a smart restaurant; the smart set. See Synonyms at fashionable.
- Capable of making adjustments that resemble human decisions, especially in response to changing circumstances: smart missiles.
- Manufactured to regulate the amount of light transmitted in response to varying light conditions or to an electronic sensor or control unit: smart windows.
- New England & Southern U.S. Accomplished; talented: He's a right smart ball player.
- To cause a sharp, usually superficial, stinging pain: The slap delivered to my face smarted.
- To be the location of such a pain: The incision on my leg smarts.
- To feel such a pain.
- To suffer acutely, as from mental distress, wounded feelings, or remorse: "No creature smarts so little as a fool” ( Alexander Pope).
- To suffer or pay a heavy penalty.
- Sharp mental or physical pain. See Synonyms at pain.
- Slang Intelligence; expertise: a reporter with a lot of smarts.
- smart off Informal To speak or act impertinently.
- right smart New England & Southern U.S. A lot; a considerable amount: He did right smart of the work himself.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കഠിന വേദന ഉളവാക്കുന്ന - Kadina Vedhana Ulavaakkunna | Kadina Vedhana Ulavakkunna ;കഠിന വേദന - Kadina Vedhana ;ചുറുചുറുക്ക് - Churuchurukku ;നോവുക - Novuka ;ചിമിട്ട് - Chimittu ;പിഴയായി ഈടാക്കുന്ന പണം - Pizhayaayi Eedaakkunna Panam | Pizhayayi Eedakkunna Panam ;