To feel, or endure, with pain, annoyance, etc.; to submit to with distress or grief; to undergo; as, to suffer pain of body, or grief of mind.
- To feel pain or distress; sustain loss, injury, harm, or punishment.
- To tolerate or endure evil, injury, pain, or death. See Synonyms at bear1.
- To appear at a disadvantage: "He suffers by comparison with his greater contemporary” ( Albert C. Baugh).
- To undergo or sustain (something painful, injurious, or unpleasant): "Ordinary men have always had to suffer the history their leaders were making” ( Herbert J. Muller).
- To experience; undergo: suffer a change in staff.
- To endure or bear; stand: would not suffer fools.
- To permit; allow: "They were not suffered to aspire to so exalted a position as that of streetcar conductor” ( Edmund S. Morgan).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കഷ്ടപ്പെടുക - Kashdappeduka ;പരിതപിക്കുക - Parithapikkuka ;പാടുപെടുക - Paadupeduka | Padupeduka ;ബാധിക്കുക - Baadhikkuka | Badhikkuka ;വെള്ളംകുടിക്കുക - Vellamkudikkuka ;പരുങ്ങുക - Parunguka ;