The stump of a tree; that part of a tree or plant which remains fixed in the earth when the stem is cut down; -- applied especially to the stump of a small tree, or shrub.
- The usually short end remaining after something bigger has been used up: a pencil stub; a cigarette stub. See Regional Note at stob.
- Something cut short or arrested in development: a stub of a tail.
- The part of a check or receipt retained as a record.
- The part of a ticket returned as a voucher of payment.
- To pull up (weeds) by the roots.
- To clear (a field) of weeds.
- To strike (one's toe or foot) against something accidentally.
- To snuff out (a cigarette butt) by crushing.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മുരട് - Muradu ;ഉപയോഗിച്ചശേഷം ഉപേക്ഷിക്കപ്പെട്ട തുണ്ട് - Upayogichashesham Upekshikkappetta Thundu ;മരം - Maram ;തുണ്ട് - Thundu ;തുണ്ടം - Thundam ;മുരട് - Muradu ;