The extreme or last point or part of any material thing considered lengthwise (the extremity of breadth being side); hence, extremity, in general; the concluding part; termination; close; limit; as, the end of a field, line, pole, road; the end of a year, of a discourse; put an end to pain; -- opposed to beginning, when used of anything having a first part.
- Either extremity of something that has length: the end of the pier.
- The outside or extreme edge or physical limit; a boundary: the end of town.
- The point in time when an action, an event, or a phenomenon ceases or is completed; the conclusion: the end of the day.
- A result; an outcome.
- Something toward which one strives; a goal. See Synonyms at intention.
- The termination of life or existence; death: "A man awaits his end/Dreading and hoping all” ( William Butler Yeats).
- The ultimate extent; the very limit: the end of one's patience.
- Slang The very best; the ultimate: This pizza's the end.
- A remainder; a remnant.
- A share of a responsibility or obligation: your end of the bargain.
- A particular area of responsibility: in charge of the business end of the campaign.
- Football Either of the players in the outermost position on the line of scrimmage.
- Football The position played by such a player.
- To bring to a conclusion.
- To form the last or concluding part of: the song that ended the performance.
- To destroy: ended our hopes.
- To come to a finish; cease. See Synonyms at complete.
- To arrive at a place, situation, or condition as a result of a course of action. Often used with up: He ended up as an advisor to the president. The painting ended up being sold for a million dollars.
- To die.
- in the end Eventually; ultimately: All will turn out well in the end.
- no end A great deal: She had no end of stories to tell.
- on end Having one end down; upright: books placed on end on the shelf.
- on end Without stopping: drove for hours on end.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിഷ്ഠാന്തം - Nishdaantham | Nishdantham ;എല്ല - Ella ;അതിര് - Athiru ;സാതി - Saathi | Sathi ;അറുതി - Aruthi ;അഞ്ചലം - Anchalam ;