To overload; to overburden; to overmatch; to overcharge; as, to surcharge a beast or a ship; to surcharge a cannon.
- An additional sum added to the usual amount or cost.
- An overcharge, especially when unlawful.
- An additional or excessive burden; an overload.
- A new value or denomination overprinted on a postage or revenue stamp.
- The stamp to which a new value has been applied.
- Law The act of surcharging.
- To charge (a person) an additional sum.
- To overcharge (a person).
- To place an excessive burden on; overload.
- To fill beyond usual capacity; overfill.
- To print a surcharge on (a postage or revenue stamp).
- Law To show an omission of a credit in (an account).
- To require (a person) to reimburse funds spent without authorization.