Whatever is produced for the nourishment or enjoyment of man or animals by the processes of vegetable growth, as corn, grass, cotton, flax, etc.; -- commonly used in the plural.
- The ripened ovary or ovaries of a seed-bearing plant, together with accessory parts, containing the seeds and occurring in a wide variety of forms.
- An edible, usually sweet and fleshy form of such a structure.
- A part or an amount of such a plant product, served as food: fruit for dessert.
- The fertile, often spore-bearing structure of a plant that does not bear seeds.
- A plant crop or product: the fruits of the earth.
- Result; outcome: the fruit of their labor.
- Offspring; progeny.
- A fruity aroma or flavor in a wine.
- Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.
- To produce or cause to produce fruit.