Extreme pain; anguish of body or mind; pang; agony; torment; as, torture of mind.
- Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
- An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.
- Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.
- Something causing severe pain or anguish.
- To subject (a person or an animal) to torture.
- To bring great physical or mental pain upon (another). See Synonyms at afflict.
- To twist or turn abnormally; distort: torture a rule to make it fit a case.