The act of developing or disclosing that which is unknown; a gradual unfolding process by which anything is developed, as a plan or method, or an image upon a photographic plate; gradual advancement or growth through a series of progressive changes; also, the result of developing, or a developed state.
- The act of developing.
- The state of being developed.
- A significant event, occurrence, or change.
- A group of dwellings built by the same contractor.
- Determination of the best techniques for applying a new device or process to production of goods or services.
- The organized activity of soliciting donations or grants; fundraising.
- Music Elaboration of a theme with rhythmic and harmonic variations.
- Music The central section of a movement in sonata form, in which the theme is elaborated and explored.