A sudden expulsion of air from the mouth; a quick puff or slight gust, as of air or smoke.
- A slight, gentle gust of air; a waft: a whiff of cool air.
- A brief, passing odor carried in the air: a whiff of perfume.
- A minute trace: "Humanity is unregenerable and hates the language of conformity, since conformity has a whiff of the inhuman about it” ( Anthony Burgess).
- An inhalation, as of air or smoke: Take a whiff of this pipe.
- Baseball A strikeout.
- To be carried in brief gusts; waft: puffs of smoke whiffing from the chimney.
- Sports To swing at and miss a ball or puck.
- Baseball To strike out. Used of a batter.
- To blow or convey in whiffs.
- To inhale through the nose; sniff: a dog whiffing the air.
- Baseball To strike out (a batter).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശ്വാസം - Shvaasam | Shvasam ;ചെറുവാട - Cheruvaada | Cheruvada ;ചെറുശ്വാസമോ നിശ്വാസമോ - Cherushvaasamo Nishvaasamo | Cherushvasamo Nishvasamo ;അല്പഗന്ധം - Alpagandham ;ചീറ്റൽ - Cheettal ;അല്പഗന്ധം - Alpagandham ;