The visible exhalation, vapor, or substance that escapes, or expelled, from a burning body, especially from burning vegetable matter, as wood, coal, peat, or the like.
- The vaporous system made up of small particles of carbonaceous matter in the air, resulting mainly from the burning of organic material, such as wood or coal.
- A suspension of fine solid or liquid particles in a gaseous medium.
- A cloud of fine particles.
- Something insubstantial, unreal, or transitory.
- The act of smoking a form of tobacco: went out for a smoke.
- The duration of this act.
- Informal Tobacco in a form that can be smoked, especially a cigarette: money to buy smokes.
- A substance used in warfare to produce a smoke screen.
- Something used to conceal or obscure.
- A pale to grayish blue to bluish or dark gray.
- To draw in and exhale smoke from a cigarette, cigar, or pipe: It's forbidden to smoke here.
- To engage in smoking regularly or habitually: He smoked for years before stopping.
- To emit smoke or a smokelike substance: chimneys smoking in the cold air.
- To emit smoke excessively: The station wagon smoked even after the tune-up.
- Slang To go or proceed at high speed.
- Slang To play or perform energetically: The band was really smoking in the second set.
- To draw in and exhale the smoke of (tobacco, for example): I've never smoked a panatela.
- To do so regularly or habitually: I used to smoke filtered cigarettes.
- To preserve (meat or fish) by exposure to the aromatic smoke of burning hardwood, usually after pickling in salt or brine.
- To fumigate (a house, for example).
- To expose (animals, especially insects) to smoke in order to immobilize or drive away.
- To expose (glass) to smoke in order to darken or change its color.
- Slang To kill; murder.
- smoke out To force out of a place of hiding or concealment by or as if by the use of smoke.
- smoke out To detect and bring to public view; expose or reveal: smoke out a scandal.
- smoke and mirrors Something that deceives or distorts the truth: Your explanation is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അഗ്നികേതു - Agnikethu ;ശിക്ഷയനുഭവിക്കുക - Shikshayanubhavikkuka ;പുകവലിക്കുക - Pukavalikkuka ;പുക വലിക്കുക - Puka Valikkuka ;പുകച്ചുണക്കുക - Pukachunakkuka ;കരമാലം - Karamaalam | Karamalam ;