A sudden and single emission of breath from the mouth; hence, any sudden or short blast of wind; a slight gust; a whiff.
- A short forceful exhalation of breath.
- A short sudden gust of wind.
- A brief sudden emission of air, vapor, or smoke.
- A short sibilant sound produced by a puff.
- An amount of vapor, smoke, or similar material released in a puff.
- An act of drawing in and expelling the breath, as in smoking tobacco.
- A swelling or rounded protuberance.
- Puff pastry.
- A light soft pad for applying powder or lotion.
- A gathered, protruding portion of fabric.
- A light padded bed covering.
- An approving or flattering recommendation.
- A piece of writing, as on the jacket of a book, containing often exaggerated praise, used for promotional purposes.
- Genetics A localized region of swelling in certain chromosomes indicating the active synthesis of RNA.
- To blow in puffs.
- To come forth in puffs: steam puffing from an engine.
- To breathe forcefully and rapidly: huffed and puffed up the stairs.
- To emit puffs.
- To take puffs on smoking material: puffing on a cigar.
- To swell or seem to swell, as with pride or air. Often used with up: He puffed up and glared at the importuning questioner.
- To emit or give forth in puffs.
- To impel with puffs.
- To smoke (a cigar, for example).
- To inflate or distend.
- To fill with pride or conceit.
- To publicize with often exaggerated praise: publishers who puff their new books.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിസ്സാരമാക്കുക - Nissaaramaakkuka | Nissaramakkuka ;അഹങ്കരിക്കുക - Ahankarikkuka ;പൊങ്ങച്ചം പറയുക - Pongacham Parayuka ;പുകവലിക്കുക - Pukavalikkuka ;ഗര്വ്വ് - Garvvu ;മധുരപലഹാരം - Madhurapalahaaram | Madhurapalaharam ;