A woman who has lost her husband by death, and has not married again; one living bereaved of a husband.
- A woman whose husband has died and who has not remarried.
- Informal A woman whose husband is often away pursuing a sport or hobby.
- An additional hand of cards dealt face down in some card games, to be used by the highest bidder. Also called kitty1.
- Printing A single, usually short line of type, as one ending a paragraph, carried over to the top of the next page or column.
- Printing A short line at the bottom of a page, column, or paragraph.
- To make a widow or widower of.