To nod; to sleep; to nap.
- To close and open the eyelid of one eye deliberately, as to convey a message, signal, or suggestion.
- To close and open the eyelids of both eyes; blink. See Synonyms at blink.
- To shine fitfully; twinkle: Harbor lights were winking in the distance.
- To close and open (an eye or the eyes) rapidly.
- To signal or express by winking.
- The act of winking.
- A signal or hint conveyed by winking.
- The very brief time required for a wink; an instant.
- A quick closing and opening of the eyelids; a blink.
- A gleam or twinkle.
- Informal A brief period of sleep.
- wink at To pretend not to see: winked at corruption in the ministry.
- wink out To come to a close; end.