To take rest by a suspension of the voluntary exercise of the powers of the body and mind, and an apathy of the organs of sense; to slumber.
- A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.
- A period of this form of rest.
- A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep; unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation, or death.
- Botany The folding together of leaflets or petals at night or in the absence of light.
- A crust of dried tears or mucus normally forming around the inner rim of the eye during sleep.
- To be in the state of sleep or to fall asleep.
- To be in a condition resembling sleep.
- To pass or get rid of by sleeping: slept away the day; went home to sleep off the headache.
- To provide sleeping accommodations for: This tent sleeps three comfortably.
- sleep around Informal To be sexually active with more than one partner.
- sleep in To sleep at one's place of employment: a butler and a chauffeur who sleep in.
- sleep in To oversleep: I missed the morning train because I slept in.
- sleep in To sleep late on purpose: After this week's work, I will sleep in on Saturday.
- sleep on To think about (something) overnight before deciding.
- sleep out To sleep at one's own home, not at one's place of employment.
- sleep out To sleep away from one's home.
- sleep over To spend the night as a guest in another's home.
- sleep together To have sexual relations.
- sleep with To have sexual relations with.
- log To sleep very deeply.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തുയില് - Thuyil ;ഉറക്കുക - Urakkuka ;പ്രമീള - Prameela ;മയക്കത്തിലാവുക - Mayakkaththilaavuka | Mayakkathilavuka ;ശയനം - Shayanam ;ദ്രാണം - Dhraanam | Dhranam ;