The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree; the rind.
- The harsh sound uttered by a dog.
- A sound, such as a cough, that is similar to a dog's bark.
- To utter a bark.
- To make a sound similar to a bark: "The birds bark softly, sounding almost like young pups” ( Charleston SC News and Courier).
- To speak sharply; snap: "a spot where you can just drop in . . . without anyone's barking at you for failing to plan ahead” ( Andy Birsh).
- To work as a barker, as at a carnival.
- To utter in a loud, harsh voice: The quarterback barked out the signals.
- bark up the wrong tree To misdirect one's energies or attention.
- The tough outer covering of the woody stems and roots of trees, shrubs, and other woody plants. It includes all tissues outside the vascular cambium.
- A specific kind of bark used for a special purpose, as in tanning or medicine.
- To remove bark from (a tree or log).
- To rub off the skin of; abrade: barked my shin on the car door.
- To tan or dye (leather or fabric) by steeping in an infusion of bark.
- To treat (a patient) using a medicinal bark infusion.
- A sailing ship with from three to five masts, all of them square-rigged except the after mast, which is fore-and-aft rigged.
- A small vessel that is propelled by oars or sails.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വല്ക്കലം - Valkkalam ;കുര - Kura ;തെറ്റായ കാര്യത്തില് ഉദ്യമിക്കുക - Thettaaya Kaaryaththil Udhyamikkuka | Thettaya Karyathil Udhyamikkuka ;ഛാലം - Chaalam | Chalam ;മരത്തൊലി - Maraththoli | Maratholi ;കപ്പല് - Kappal ;