- A small, often round piece of material, such as glass, plastic, or wood, that is pierced for stringing or threading.
- A necklace made of such pieces.
- Roman Catholic Church A rosary.
- Obsolete A prayer. Often used in the plural.
- A small, round object, especially:
- A drop of moisture: beads of sweat.
- A bubble of gas in a liquid.
- A small metal knob on the muzzle of a firearm, such as a rifle, used for sighting.
- A strip of material, usually wood, with one molded edge placed flush against the inner part of a door or window frame.
- Architecture A decoration consisting of a usually continuous series of small spherical shapes, as on a convex molding.
- Architecture Beading.
- A projecting rim or lip, as on a pneumatic tire.
- A line of continuously applied ductile material, such as solder or caulking compound.
- Chemistry A globule of fused borax or other flux used in a bead test.
- To furnish with or collect into beads.
- draw To take careful aim at.