A small cord, a line, a twine, or a slender strip of leather, or other substance, used for binding together, fastening, or tying things; a cord, larger than a thread and smaller than a rope; as, a shoe string; a bonnet string; a silken string.
- A cord usually made of fiber, used for fastening, tying, or lacing.
- Something configured as a long, thin line: limp strings of hair.
- A plant fiber.
- A set of objects threaded together: a string of beads.
- A series of similar or related acts, events, or items arranged or falling in or as if in a line. See Synonyms at series.
- Computer Science A set of consecutive characters.
- Informal A set of animals, especially racehorses, belonging to a single owner; a stable.
- Informal A scattered group of businesses under a single ownership or management: a string of boutiques.
- Sports A group of players ranked according to ability within a team: He made the second string.
- Music A cord stretched on an instrument and struck, plucked, or bowed to produce tones.
- Music The section of a band or orchestra composed of stringed instruments.
- Music Stringed instruments or their players considered as a group.
- Architecture A stringboard.
- Architecture A stringcourse.
- Games The balk line in billiards.
- Sports A complete game consisting of ten frames in bowling.
- Informal A limiting or hidden condition. Often used in the plural: a gift with no strings attached.
- To fit or furnish with strings or a string: string a guitar.
- To thread on a string.
- To arrange in a string or series. Often used with out.
- To fasten, tie, or hang with a string or strings.
- To stretch out or extend: string a wire across a room.
- To strip (vegetables) of fibers.
- To form strings or become stringlike.
- To extend or progress in a string, line, or succession.
- string along Informal To go along with something; agree.
- string along Informal To keep (someone) waiting or in a state of uncertainty.
- string along Informal To fool, cheat, or deceive.
- string out To draw out; prolong.
- string up Informal To kill (someone) by hanging.
- a Under one's complete control or influence.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നൂൽ - Nool ;കമ്പി മീട്ടുക - Kampi Meettuka ;ദൃബ്ധം - Dhrubdham ;തന്ത്രി ഇടുക - Thanthri Iduka ;സൂത്രതന്തു - Soothrathanthu ;ഞരമ്പ് - Njarampu ;