The prominent part of the face or anterior extremity of the head containing the nostrils and olfactory cavities; the olfactory organ. See Nostril, and Olfactory organ under Olfactory.
- The part of the human face or the forward part of the head of other vertebrates that contains the nostrils and organs of smell and forms the beginning of the respiratory tract.
- The sense of smell: a dog with a good nose.
- The ability to detect, sense, or discover as if by smell: has a nose for gossip.
- The characteristic smell of a wine or liqueur; bouquet.
- Informal The nose considered as a symbol of prying: Keep your nose out of my business.
- Something, such as the forward end of an aircraft, rocket, or submarine, that resembles a nose in shape or position.
- A very short distance or narrow margin: won the race by a nose.
- To find out by or as if by smell: nosed out the thieves' hiding place.
- To touch with the nose; nuzzle.
- To move, push, or make with or as if with the nose.
- To advance the forward part of cautiously: nosed the car into the flow of traffic.
- To smell or sniff.
- Informal To search or inquire meddlesomely; snoop or pry: nosing around looking for opportunities.
- To advance with caution: The ship nosed into its berth.
- nose out To defeat by a narrow margin.
- down (one's) nose Informal With disapproval, contempt, or arrogance: Year-round residents here look down their noses at the summer people.
- on the nose Exactly; precisely: predicted the final score on the nose.
- under (someone's) nose In plain view: The keys are right under your nose.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കണ്ടുപിടിക്കുക - Kandupidikkuka ;തനുഭസ്ത്ര - Thanubhasthra ;ഗന്ധവഹ - Gandhavaha ;അഗ്രം - Agram ;നാസ - Naasa | Nasa ;അഗ്രഭാഗം - Agrabhaagam | Agrabhagam ;