A large box of wood, or other material, having, like a trunk, a lid, but no covering of skin, leather, or cloth.
- The part of the body between the neck and the abdomen, enclosed by the ribs and the breastbone; the thorax.
- A sturdy box with a lid and often a lock, used especially for storage.
- A small closet or cabinet with shelves for storing supplies: a medicine chest above the bathroom sink.
- The treasury of a public institution.
- The funds kept there.
- A box for the shipping of certain goods, such as tea.
- The quantity packed in such a box.
- A sealed receptacle for liquid, gas, or steam.
- A bureau; a dresser.
- get (something) off (one's) chest To vent one's pent-up feelings.