Properly, the leaf, or flat part of the leaf, of any plant, especially of gramineous plants. The term is sometimes applied to the spire of grasses.
- The flat cutting part of a sharpened weapon or tool.
- A sword.
- A swordsman.
- Archaeology A slender, sharp-edged flake that is at least twice as long as it is wide.
- A dashing youth.
- A flat thin part or section, especially one that makes contact to perform a desired action: the blade of an oar; the blade of a hockey stick.
- An arm of a rotating mechanism: the blade of a propeller; the blade of food processor.
- A long, thin, often curved piece, as of metal or rubber, used for plowing, clearing, or wiping.
- The metal runner of an ice skate.
- A wide flat bone or bony part.
- The flat upper surface of the tongue just behind the tip.
- Botany The expanded part of a leaf or petal.
- Botany The leaf of grasses or similar plants.
- To skate on in-line skates.