To vaunt one's self; to brag; to say or tell things which are intended to give others a high opinion of one's self or of things belonging to one's self; as, to boast of one's exploits courage, descent, wealth.
- To glorify oneself in speech; talk in a self-admiring way.
- To speak of with excessive pride.
- To possess or own (a desirable feature): "[the] capital of a region in the southeast that boasts bountiful coal fields” ( US Air).
- To contain; have.
- The act or an instance of bragging.
- A source of pride.
- To shape or form (stone) roughly with a broad chisel.