The side of a thing.
- Land next to the sea; the seashore.
- The Pacific coast of the United States.
- A hill or other slope down which one may coast, as on a sled.
- The act of sliding or coasting; slide.
- Obsolete The frontier or border of a country.
- To slide down an incline through the effect of gravity.
- To move effortlessly and smoothly. See Synonyms at slide.
- To move without further use of propelling power.
- To act or move aimlessly or with little effort: coasted for a few weeks before applying for a job.
- Nautical To sail near or along a coast.
- Nautical To sail or move along the coast or border of.