A block or clay tempered with water, sand, etc., molded into a regular form, usually rectangular, and sun-dried, or burnt in a kiln, or in a heap or stack called a clamp.
- A molded rectangular block of clay baked by the sun or in a kiln until hard and used as a building and paving material.
- An object shaped like such a block: a brick of cheese.
- Informal A helpful, reliable person.
- To construct, line, or pave with bricks.
- To close or wall with brick: bricked up the windows of the old house.
- drop a brick Informal To make a clumsy social error.