Pertaining to the end or conclusion; last; terminating; ultimate; as, the final day of a school term.
- Forming or occurring at the end; last: the final scene of a film.
- Of or constituting the end result of a succession or process; ultimate: an act with both an immediate and a final purpose.
- Not to be changed or reconsidered; unalterable: The judge's decision is final. See Synonyms at last1.
- Something that comes at or forms the end, especially:
- The last or one of the last of a series of contests: the finals of a state spelling bee.
- The last examination of an academic course.