A bag or sack with its contents; hence, a stock or store; an accumulation; as, a budget of inventions.
- An itemized summary of estimated or intended expenditures for a given period along with proposals for financing them: submitted the annual budget to Congress.
- A systematic plan for the expenditure of a usually fixed resource, such as money or time, during a given period: A new car will not be part of our budget this year.
- The total sum of money allocated for a particular purpose or period of time: a project with an annual budget of five million dollars.
- A stock or collection with definite limits: "his budget of general knowledge” ( William Hazlitt).
- Appalachian Mountains A wallet or small pouch.
- To plan in advance the expenditure of: needed help budgeting our income; budgeted my time wisely.
- To enter or account for in a budget: forgot to budget the car payments.
- To make or use a budget.
- Of or relating to a budget: budget items approved by Congress.
- Appropriate for a restricted budget; inexpensive: a budget car; budget meals.