An aggregation or deposit of resources from which supplies are or may be drawn for carrying on any work, or for maintaining existence.
- A source of supply; a stock: a fund of goodwill.
- A sum of money or other resources set aside for a specific purpose: a pension fund.
- Available money; ready cash: short on funds.
- The stock of the British permanent national debt, considered as public securities. Used with the.
- An organization established to administer and manage a sum of money.
- To provide money for paying off the interest or principal of (a debt).
- To convert into a long-term or floating debt with fixed interest payments.
- To place in a fund for accumulation.
- To furnish a fund for: funded the space program.