A point equally distant from the extremities of a line, figure, or body, or from all parts of the circumference of a circle; the middle point or place.
- A point or place that is equally distant from the sides or outer boundaries of something; the middle: the center of a stage.
- A point equidistant from the vertices of a regular polygon.
- A point equidistant from all points on the circumference of a circle or on the surface of a sphere.
- A point around which something rotates or revolves: The sun is the center of our solar system.
- A part of an object that is surrounded by the rest; a core: chocolates with soft centers.
- A place where a particular activity or service is concentrated: a medical center.
- A point of origin, as of influence, ideas, or actions: a center of power; a center of unrest.
- An area of dense population: a metropolitan center.
- A person or thing that is the chief object of attention, interest, activity, or emotion.
- A person, object, or group occupying a middle position.
- A political group or a set of policies representing a moderate view between those of the right and the left.
- Physiology A group of neurons in the central nervous system that control a particular function: the vasomotor center.
- Sports A player who holds a middle position on the field, court, or forward line in some team sports, such as football and basketball.
- Baseball Center field.
- A small conical hole made in a piece of work with a center punch so that a drill can be accurately positioned within it.
- A bar with a conical point used to support work, as during turning on a lathe.
- Architecture A centering.
- To place in or at the center: centered the vase on the table.
- To direct toward a center or central point; concentrate or focus: tried to center the discussion on the main issues.
- Sports To pass (a ball or puck) toward the center of a playing area.
- Sports To play as a center on (a line), as in ice hockey.
- Football To pass (the ball) back between the legs to begin a down.
- To be concentrated; cluster: The epidemic centered in the urban areas.
- To have a central theme or concern; be focused: Her novels center on the problems of adolescence.
- Sports To play as a center.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മർമ്മം - Marmmam ;കേന്ദ്രസ്ഥാനം - Kendhrasthaanam | Kendhrasthanam ;അഹംബുദ്ധിയായ - Ahambuddhiyaaya | Ahambudhiyaya ;മധ്യബിന്ദു - Madhyabindhu ;നടുവ് - Naduvu ;സങ്കേതം - Sanketham ;