A division of a book or treatise; as, Genesis has fifty chapters.
- One of the main divisions of a relatively lengthy piece of writing, such as a book, that is usually numbered or titled.
- A distinct period or sequence of events, as in history or a person's life: Steamboat travel opened a new chapter in America's exploration of the West.
- A local branch of an organization, such as a club or fraternity: The Chicago chapter is admitting new members this year.
- Ecclesiastical An assembly of the canons of a church or of the members of a religious residence.
- Ecclesiastical The canons of a church or the members of a religious residence considered as a group.
- A short scriptural passage read after the psalms in certain church services.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദറസ് - Dharasu ;വിഭാഗം - Vibhaagam | Vibhagam ;വിഷയവിഭാഗം - Vishayavibhaagam | Vishayavibhagam ;ഖണ്ഡം - Khandam ;അധ്യായം - Adhyaayam | Adhyayam ;സഭ - Sabha ;