The relationship of men to one another when associated in any way; companionship; fellowship; company.
- The totality of social relationships among humans.
- A group of humans broadly distinguished from other groups by mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, and a common culture.
- The institutions and culture of a distinct self-perpetuating group.
- An organization or association of persons engaged in a common profession, activity, or interest: a folklore society; a society of bird watchers.
- The rich, privileged, and fashionable social class.
- The socially dominant members of a community.
- Companionship; company: enjoys the society of friends and family members.
- Biology A colony or community of organisms, usually of the same species: an insect society.