To take or leave out (anything) from a number or a whole as not belonging to it; to exclude; to omit.
- With the exclusion of; other than; but: everyone except me.
- If it were not for the fact that; only. Often used with that: I would buy the suit, except that it costs too much.
- Otherwise than: They didn't open their mouths except to complain.
- Unless: "And ne'er throughout the year to church thou go'st/Except it be to pray against thy foes” ( Shakespeare).
- To leave out; exclude: An admission fee is charged, but children are excepted.
- To object: Counsel excepted to the court's ruling.
- except for Were it not for: I would join you except for my cold.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒഴികെ - Ozhike ;മാറ്റിനിര്ത്തുക - Maattinirththuka | Mattinirthuka ;കൂടാതെ - Koodaathe | Koodathe ;എന്നിയേ - Enniye ;ഒഴിച്ചുനിര്ത്തുക - Ozhichunirththuka | Ozhichunirthuka ;ഒഴിച്ച് - Ozhichu ;