Weariness from bodily labor or mental exertion; lassitude or exhaustion of strength.
- Physical or mental weariness resulting from exertion.
- Something, such as tiring effort or activity, that causes weariness: the fatigue of a long hike.
- Physiology The decreased capacity or complete inability of an organism, an organ, or a part to function normally because of excessive stimulation or prolonged exertion.
- The weakening or failure of a material, such as metal or wood, resulting from prolonged stress.
- Manual or menial labor, such as barracks cleaning, assigned to soldiers.
- Clothing worn by military personnel for labor or for field duty.
- To tire with physical or mental exertion; weary.
- To create fatigue in (a metal or other material).
- To be or become fatigued. See Synonyms at tire1.