A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.
- A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.
- A state or condition marked by this feeling: living in fear.
- A feeling of disquiet or apprehension: a fear of looking foolish.
- Extreme reverence or awe, as toward a supreme power.
- A reason for dread or apprehension: Being alone is my greatest fear.
- To be afraid or frightened of.
- To be uneasy or apprehensive about: feared the test results.
- To be in awe of; revere.
- To consider probable; expect: I fear you are wrong. I fear I have bad news for you.
- Archaic To feel fear within (oneself).
- To be afraid.
- To be uneasy or apprehensive.