To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to b e undetermined.
- To be undecided or skeptical about: began to doubt some accepted doctrines.
- To tend to disbelieve; distrust: doubts politicians when they make sweeping statements.
- To regard as unlikely: I doubt that we'll arrive on time.
- Archaic To suspect; fear.
- To be undecided or skeptical.
- A lack of certainty that often leads to irresolution. See Synonyms at uncertainty.
- A lack of trust.
- A point about which one is uncertain or skeptical: reassured me by answering my doubts.
- The condition of being unsettled or unresolved: an outcome still in doubt.
- beyond Without question; certainly; definitely.
- no doubt Certainly.
- no doubt Probably.