To have ( a notion or idea) come into the mind again, as previously perceived, known, or felt; to have a renewed apprehension of; to bring to mind again; to think of again; to recollect; as, I remember the fact; he remembers the events of his childhood; I cannot remember dates.
- To recall to the mind with effort; think of again: I finally remembered the address.
- To recall or become aware of suddenly or spontaneously: Then I remembered that today is your birthday.
- To retain in the memory: Remember your appointment.
- To keep (someone) in mind as worthy of consideration or recognition.
- To reward with a gift or tip.
- To give greetings from: Remember me to your family.
- Engineering To return to (an original shape or form) after being deformed or altered.
- Electronics To carry out (a programmed or preset activity).
- Archaic To remind.
- To have or use the power of memory.