To call back; to summon to return; as, to recall troops; to recall an ambassador.
- To ask or order to return: recalled all workers who had been laid off.
- To summon back to awareness of or concern with the subject or situation at hand.
- To remember; recollect. See Synonyms at remember.
- To cancel, take back, or revoke.
- To bring back; restore.
- To request return (of a product) to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments.
- The act of recalling or summoning back, especially an official order to return.
- A signal, such as a bugle call, used to summon troops back to their posts.
- The ability to remember information or experiences.
- The act of revoking.
- The procedure by which a public official may be removed from office by popular vote.
- The right to employ this procedure.
- A request by the manufacturer of a product that has been identified as defective to return it, as for necessary repairs or adjustments.