An ornamental appendage to the border of a piece of stuff, originally consisting of the ends of the warp, projecting beyond the woven fabric; but more commonly made separate and sewed on, consisting sometimes of projecting ends, twisted or plaited together, and sometimes of loose threads of wool, silk, or linen, or narrow strips of leather, or the like.
- A decorative border or edging of hanging threads, cords, or strips, often attached to a separate band.
- Something that resembles such a border or edging.
- A marginal, peripheral, or secondary part: "They like to hang out on the geographical fringes, the seedy outposts” ( James Atlas).
- Those members of a group or political party holding extreme views: the lunatic fringe.
- Any of the light or dark bands produced by the diffraction or interference of light.
- A fringe benefit.
- To decorate with or as if with a fringe: The weaver fringed the edge of the scarf.
- To serve as a fringe to: Ferns fringed the pool.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൊടിപ്പ് - Podippu ;കുഞ്ചം - Kuncham ;പുടവയുടെ കര - Pudavayude Kara ;അഞ്ചലം - Anchalam ;ഞൊറിവ് - Njorivu ;തൊങ്ങല് വയ്ക്കുക - Thongal Vaykkuka ;