A piece of cloth, or other suitable material, sewed or otherwise fixed upon a garment to repair or strengthen it, esp. upon an old garment to cover a hole.
- A small piece of material affixed to another, larger piece to conceal, reinforce, or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.
- A small piece of cloth used for patchwork.
- A small cloth badge affixed to a garment as a decoration or an insignia, as of a military unit.
- A dressing or covering applied to protect a wound or sore.
- A pad or shield of cloth worn over an eye socket or an injured eye.
- A transdermal patch.
- See beauty spot.
- A small piece, part, or section, especially that which differs from or contrasts with the whole: a patch of thin ice; patches of sunlight.
- A small plot or piece of land, especially one that produces or is used for growing specific vegetation: a briar patch; a bean patch.
- An indefinite period of time; a spell: weathered a difficult patch after losing his job.
- A temporary, removable electronic connection, as one between two components in a communications system.
- Computer Science A piece of code added to software in order to fix a bug, especially as a temporary correction between two releases.
- To put a patch or patches on.
- To make by sewing scraps of material together: patch a quilt.
- To mend, repair, or put together, especially hastily, clumsily, or poorly: They patched together the broken statues with glue and plaster. The delegates will be forced to patch up their differences.
- To connect temporarily (electronic components), as with a patch cord.
- Computer Science To correct a bug in (an item of software), especially as a temporary correction between releases.
- Electronics To be connected temporarily.
- A fool or clown; a dolt.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കീറല് നീക്കുക - Keeral Neekkuka ;തുണിത്തുണ്ട് - Thuniththundu | Thunithundu ;ഒരുമിച്ചു ചേർക്കുക - Orumichu Cherkkuka ;തുണ്ടുഭൂമിവിദൂഷകന് - Thundubhoomividhooshakan ;വികടന് - Vikadan ;കണ്ടം - Kandam ;