A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
- A medium that can be exchanged for goods and services and is used as a measure of their values on the market, including among its forms a commodity such as gold, an officially issued coin or note, or a deposit in a checking account or other readily liquefiable account.
- The official currency, coins, and negotiable paper notes issued by a government.
- Assets and property considered in terms of monetary value; wealth.
- Pecuniary profit or loss: He made money on the sale of his properties.
- One's salary; pay: It was a terrible job, but the money was good.
- An amount of cash or credit: raised the money for the new playground.
- Sums of money, especially of a specified nature. Often used in the plural: state tax moneys; monies set aside for research and development.
- A wealthy person, family, or group: to come from old money; to marry into money.
- for (one's) money According to one's opinion, choice, or preference: For my money, it's not worth the trouble.
- in the money Slang Rich; affluent.
- in the money Sports & Games Taking first, second, or third place in a contest on which a bet has been placed, such as a horserace.
- on the money Exact; precise.
- put money on Sports & Games To place a bet on.
- put (one's) money where (one's) mouth is Slang To live up to one's words; act according to one's own advice.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പണം - പണം ;കാശ് - Kaashu | Kashu ;ധനം - Dhanam ;കള്ളപ്പണം - Kallappanam ;തുക - Thuka ;ആസ്തി - Aasthi | asthi ;