An island; -- often used in the names of small islands off the coast of Scotland, as in Inchcolm, Inchkeith, etc.
- A unit of length in the U.S. Customary and British Imperial systems, equal to 1/12 of a foot (2.54 centimeters). See Table at measurement.
- A fall, as of rain or snow, sufficient to cover a surface to the depth of one inch.
- A unit of atmospheric pressure that is equal to the pressure exerted by a one-inch column of mercury at the earth's surface at a temperature of 0°C.
- A very small degree or amount: won't budge an inch.
- To move or cause to move slowly or by small degrees: inching along through stalled traffic; inched the chair forward.
- every inch In every respect; entirely: "Ay, every inch a king!” ( Shakespeare).
- inch by inch Very gradually or slowly.
- within an inch of Almost to the point of: came within an inch of death.
- Scots A small island.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒരിഞ്ച് - Orinchu ;അല്പനേരം - Alpaneram ;ഒരടിയുടെ പന്ത്രണ്ടിലൊരുഭാഗം - Oradiyude Panthrandilorubhaagam | Oradiyude Panthrandilorubhagam ;നിരന്തരം - Nirantharam ;ഇഞ്ച് (ഒരു അടിയുടെ പന്ത്രണ്ടിലൊരു ഭാഗം) - Inchu (oru Adiyude Panthrandiloru Bhaagam) | Inchu (oru Adiyude Panthrandiloru Bhagam) ;എപ്പോഴും - Eppozhum ;