To strike repeatedly with some heavy instrument; to beat.
- A unit of weight equal to 16 ounces (453.592 grams).
- A unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces (373.242 grams). See Table at measurement.
- A unit of weight differing in various countries and times.
- A British unit of force equal to the weight of a standard one-pound mass where the local acceleration of gravity is 9.817 meters (32.174 feet) per second per second.
- The basic monetary unit of the United Kingdom, worth 20 shillings or 240 old pence before the decimalization of 1971. Also called pound sterling.
- See Table at currency.
- The primary unit of currency in Ireland before the adoption of the euro.
- A monetary unit of Scotland before the Act of Union (1707). Also called pound scots.
- The pound key on a telephone.
- To strike repeatedly and forcefully. See Synonyms at beat.
- To beat to a powder or pulp; pulverize or crush.
- To instill by persistent, emphatic repetition: pounded knowledge into the students' heads.
- To assault with heavy gunfire.
- To strike vigorous, repeated blows: He pounded on the table.
- To move along heavily and noisily: The children pounded up the stairs.
- To pulsate rapidly and heavily; throb: My heart pounded.
- To move or work laboriously: a ship that pounded through heavy seas.
- A heavy blow.
- The sound of a heavy blow; a thump.
- The act of pounding.
- pound the pavement Slang To travel the streets on foot, especially in search of work.
- A public enclosure for the confinement of stray dogs or livestock.
- A place in which impounded property is held until redeemed.
- An enclosure in which animals or fish are trapped or kept.
- A place of confinement for lawbreakers.
- To confine in or as if in a pound; impound.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചതയ്ക്കുക - Chathaykkuka ;ചതക്കുക - Chathakkuka ;ബ്രിട്ടണിലും മറ്റും നിലവിലുള്ള ഒരു നാണയം - Brittanilum Mattum Nilavilulla Oru Naanayam | Brittanilum Mattum Nilavilulla Oru Nanayam ;നൂറു പുതിയ പെന്സിനു തല്യമായ പവന് - Nooru Puthiya Pensinu Thalyamaaya Pavan | Nooru Puthiya Pensinu Thalyamaya Pavan ;പൊടിക്കുക - Podikkuka ;പൊടിക്കുക - Podikkuka ;