The longest, or longer, dimension of any object, in distinction from breadth or width; extent of anything from end to end; the longest line which can be drawn through a body, parallel to its sides; as, the length of a church, or of a ship; the length of a rope or line.
- The state, quality, or fact of being long. See Usage Note at strength.
- The measurement of the extent of something along its greatest dimension: the length of the boat.
- A piece, often of a standard size, that is normally measured along its greatest dimension: a length of cloth.
- A measure used as a unit to estimate distances: won the race by a length.
- Extent or distance from beginning to end: the length of a novel; the length of a journey.
- The amount of time between specified moments; the duration: the length of a meeting.
- Extent or degree to which an action or policy is carried. Often used in the plural: went to great lengths to prove his point.
- Linguistics The duration of a vowel.
- Linguistics The duration of a syllable.
- The vertical extent of a garment. Often used in combination: knee-length; floor-length.
- at length After some time; eventually: At length we arrived at our destination.
- at length For a considerable time; fully: spoke at length about the court ruling.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദ്രാഘിമാവ് - Dhraaghimaavu | Dhraghimavu ;വിസ്താരം - Visthaaram | Vistharam ;ഭാഷയിലെ മാത്ര - Bhaashayile Maathra | Bhashayile Mathra ;നെടുക്കം - Nedukkam ;നീളം - Neelam ;വ്യാപ്തി - Vyaapthi | Vyapthi ;