A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.
- A thing considered as a unit or an element of a larger thing, quantity, or class; a portion: a piece of string.
- A portion or part that has been separated from a whole: a piece of cake.
- An object that is one member of a group or class: a piece of furniture.
- An artistic, musical, or literary work or composition: "They are lively and well-plotted pieces, both in prose” ( Tucker Brooke).
- An instance; a specimen: a piece of sheer folly.
- A declaration of one's opinions or findings: speak one's piece.
- A coin: a ten-cent piece.
- Games One of the counters or figures used in playing various board games.
- Games Any one of the chess figures other than a pawn.
- Slang A firearm, especially a rifle.
- Informal A given distance: "There was farm country down the road on the right a piece” ( James Agee).
- Vulgar Slang A sexually attractive person.
- To mend by adding pieces or a piece to.
- To join or unite the pieces of: He pieced together the vase. She pieced together an account of what had gone on during the stormy meeting.
- a piece of (one's) mind Frank and severe criticism; censure.
- of a piece Belonging to the same class or kind.
- piece by piece In stages: took the clock apart piece by piece.
- piece of cake Informal Something very easy to do: "Relearning to fly was a piece of cake” ( Burton Bernstein).
- piece of the action Slang A share of an activity or of profits: "a piece of the action in a Florida land deal” ( Shana Alexander).
- piece of work A remarkable person, achievement, or product: "He's a very tough piece of work” ( Ted Koppel).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒറ്റവസ്തു - Ottavasthu ;ശകലം - Shakalam ;വസ്ത്രം - Vasthram ;പീരങ്കി - Peeranki ;കണ്ടം - Kandam ;പടം - Padam ;