The act of inverting, or turning over or backward, or the state of being inverted.
- The act of inverting.
- The state of being inverted.
- An interchange of position of adjacent objects in a sequence, especially a change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject.
- Music A rearrangement of tones in which the upper and lower voices of a melody are transposed, as in counterpoint.
- Music A rearrangement of tones in which each interval in a single melody is applied in the opposite direction.
- Music A rearrangement of tones in which the notes of a chord are rearranged such that the bass has a different pitch.
- Psychology The taking on of the gender role of the opposite sex.
- Psychology In the theory of Sigmund Freud, homosexuality. No longer in scientific use.
- Chemistry Conversion of a substance in which the direction of optical rotation is reversed, from the dextrorotatory to the levorotatory or from the levorotatory to the dextrorotatory form.
- Meteorology An atmospheric condition in which the air temperature rises with increasing altitude, holding surface air down and preventing dispersion of pollutants.
- Genetics A chromosomal defect in which a segment of the chromosome breaks off and reattaches in the reverse direction.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിപരീതമായ - Vipareethamaaya | Vipareethamaya ;വൈപരീത്യം - Vaipareethyam ;കമിഴ്ത്തുക - Kamizhththuka | Kamizhthuka ;തിരിച്ചടിക്കുക - Thirichadikkuka ;പ്രതികൂലമായ - Prathikoolamaaya | Prathikoolamaya ;പദ വിപര്യയം - Padha Viparyayam ;