The act of turning or changing from one state or condition to another, or the state of being changed; transmutation; change.
- The act of converting.
- The state of being converted.
- A change in which one adopts a new religion, faith, or belief.
- Something that is changed from one use, function, or purpose to another.
- Law The unlawful appropriation of another's property.
- Law The changing of real property to personal property or vice versa.
- The exchange of one type of security or currency for another.
- Logic The interchange of the subject and predicate of a proposition.
- Football An extra point or points scored after a touchdown, as by kicking the ball through the uprights or by advancing the ball into the endzone from the three-yard line.
- Psychiatry A psychological defense mechanism by which repressed ideas, conflicts, or impulses are manifested by various bodily symptoms, such as paralysis or sensory deficits, that have no physical cause.
- The expression of a quantity in alternative units, as of length or weight.