The hard, white, opaque, fine-grained substance constituting the tusks of the elephant. It is a variety of dentine, characterized by the minuteness and close arrangement of the tubes, as also by their double flexure. It is used in manufacturing articles of ornament or utility.
- A hard, smooth, yellowish-white substance composed primarily of dentin that forms the tusks of the elephant.
- A similar substance forming the tusks or teeth of certain other mammals, such as the walrus.
- A tusk, especially an elephant's tusk.
- An article made of ivory.
- A substance resembling ivory.
- A pale or grayish yellow to yellowish white.
- Music Piano keys.
- Games Dice.
- Slang The teeth.
- Composed or constructed of ivory.
- Of a pale or grayish yellow to yellowish white.