The side of a ship toward the wind.
- The act of sailing closer into the wind.
- The forward side of a fore-and-aft sail.
- Archaic The fullest part of the bow of a ship.
- To steer a sailing vessel closer into the wind, especially with the sails flapping.
- To flap while losing wind. Used of a sail.
- To sail (a vessel, such as a yacht) closer into the wind during a race so as to prevent an opponent's craft from passing on the windward side.
- To raise or lower (the boom of a crane or derrick).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?