Having a broad, flattened front; as, the bluff bows of a ship.
- To mislead or deceive.
- To impress, deter, or intimidate by a false display of confidence.
- Games To try to mislead (opponents) in a card game by heavy betting on a poor hand or by little or no betting on a good one.
- To engage in a false display of strength or confidence.
- The act or practice of bluffing.
- One that bluffs.
- A steep headland, promontory, riverbank, or cliff.
- Rough and blunt but not unkind in manner. See Synonyms at gruff.
- Having a broad, steep front.